Life's Questions and Answers (sm)

Life is filled with perplexing questions. And at times, hard to find answers. Let's talk. Maybe we can understand "life" better...together. Join in!

Friday, January 09, 2009

"Are You Having Trouble Letting 'Things' Go?"

I know my husband wishes I would just “let things go.” But, I can’t. When something doesn’t seem right to me, I have to say something. Ok, I don’t have to, but I do!

I saw a print ad recently by a woman who I am not really sure what she did, but you have to give her credit for advertising with such confidence. Blazing boldly at the top of her ad was written: “Minister of Integrative Healing.” Ok, if you have to use a dictionary to figure it out you need to re-write the ad.

What is this?! Does anyone really know? Is the secret of her success in the “mystery” of what she does? I don’t think I want to know. To me, it sounds like she’s going to mess with my mind. I have enough challenges there, “thank you, hands off!” I’m sure people who are into this knew exactly what she was talking about.

Amid all these days of confusion and complication what we really need is some plain old common sense, delivered in simplicity. That’s a good time for us to consider the gospel of Jesus Christ; the Son of God, who died on the cross for our sins.

The simple-ness in understanding His message should not confuse us with the seriousness of His actions for us. It wasn’t easy for Him to die in our place; it was something He knew He must do to fulfill the will of the Father, God.

The gospel is not hard for us to understand, or why Jesus did what He did. Let’s reflect on His actions, apply our faith and belief in what He did; asking Him to save us—to be our Savior.

I’m writing my own ad for Jesus:

Jesus, Over Comer Of Death And Sin; Administrator Of New Starts.
Always available to talk to, just do it—He’ll be there.


© 2009 A. Miller
Reproduction, distribution or reprint of this article is prohibited without express written permission of the author, A. Miller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home